Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wound Man + Southpaw FTW.




Here are 2 pictures that I came across.

For any student taking up medicine & thinking of entering into surgery & the operating room, the first picture known as Wound Man is a common sight in the medical books. Wound Man first appeared in surgical textbooks of the Medieval Times. It shows the many possible wounds a soldier could have during battle. It challenged the doctors at the time & gave them the thought: How would I fix this?

The second picture is a complete change of pace. It’s random. I personally think it’s funny because I myself am left handed. Being left handed was once thought to be a bad thing. That idea soon died for the most part. I’m proud to be left handed & I’ve met many surgeons who have an extremely steady left hand in the operating room. No worries. Southpaws for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment