Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy 1 Year Anniversary.

I'm a few days late on this as I have been busy with other things lately.

But I would like to say that it has officially been 1 year...since I began the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life. Literally.

What I'm speakin of is diet & exercise. A year ago, I made the decision to take it seriously. I was sick & tired of being FAT. So I decided to save myself before it got any worse.

To be honest, the reason I let myself get that big in the past was not because I was lazy or that I did not care. On the contrary, I actually cared a whole lot. The only problem was that I had absolutely no time whatsoever. Full time student, work at a laboratory 4-5 days a week, personal shit that stressed me out to the max...it was a crazy time for me.

But now, since I don't need to take as many courses as I used to when I started college, & since my work schedule at the hospital isn't as demanding as the lab (even though the hours are so much longer), I have so much time on my hands.

It started off as working out & running 2 days a week...then 3...then 5...until I was able to do what I can do today:

6 days a week, running for 45 minutes & weight lifting for about an hour to an hour & half...& I do a whole body workout...every muscle group gets worked out well, including the heart.

On top of exercise, I implemented diet heavily. I cut down ALOT. Very light & healthy lunches, & if my mom doesn't cook, dinner is light as well...limited to no dessert, & no more eating after 8pm.

Most importantly...100% water. No soda, concentrated juices, etc.

Adding on to my exercise, my job itself is a workout. I'm on my feet nonstop for about 6-7 hours in the OR. It has helped me so much.

Overall, I've lost 70 pounds. My blood pressure improved DRAMATICALLY (going from 130/85 to 110/70), & I feel like a million bucks. I sleep better, I have more energy, & my self-confidence has grown a lot...something that has never happened.

I'm so proud of myself. And I'm thankful to God for giving me the strength & motivation to continue & to get better.

I have never received this many compliments in my entire life.

I got my neck back...& I intend on keeping it.

*pats myself on the back*

'Til next time.

Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment