Monday, August 9, 2010

Know Your Roots...Mabuhay Ang Kulturang Pilipino.

Weekends like these are what I thrive for. Spending time with your family & remembering where you came from.

For me, being at the hospital constantly & going out with friends has been the focus for a long time. But finally having a family party brought me back to a level that I’ve missed…a level where you can sit back, look around you, & be so damn thankful of the family you have & the culture you come from.

I’ve missed Filipino food for the longest time. After losing 70 pounds & dieting like a nutcase, having some pancit, adobo, lumpia, bistek, & so much more comfort foods made me happy beyond words. I missed it so much.

On top of that, being surrounded by extended family that I haven’t seen in a while made it 10 times better. My family is my life & it’s because of them that I love my culture, know my roots, & am able to live my life in such a way that understanding where I came from allows me to be the person I am & has helped establish my role in the medical field.

I missed speaking only tagalog, & those long conversations with cousins, & those titas that spoil you to death, & playing hours & hours of mah jong until early hours of the morning.

Weekends like these are the best.

Always love your culture. Know your roots & love your family. Those are what shape you into the person you become & creates a legacy in you that will live forever.

Mabuhay ang mga pilipino. Mahalin mo ang sarili mong kapwa, kultura, at kasaysayan.

‘Til next time.

Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment