Thursday, August 12, 2010

Smoker's Lungs.



“Smoker’s Lungs” by soulpadd1.

My grandfather has been a chain smoker since he was 12 years old. I’ve never smoked a thing in my life.

For alot of people, smoking may be cool or helps them cope with situations. I can’t speak on their behalf since I’ve never smoked.

But you look at this picture & tell me…is it really worth it?

Those miraculous organs within our mediastinum bordering the heart.

Your lungs give you the ability to breath…to take in that oxygen & to feed our tissues with that precious element…that amazing yet complex physiological exhange of oxygen & carbon dioxide within our alveoli via red blood cells involving chloride & bicarbonate. All of that taking place in a millisecond.

To lower that ability & take it away is something I would never understand.

Think about it.

‘Til next time.

Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment